Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Never mind...

Well the days when Cambry puts herself to sleep is OVER! In fact, it's been taking 2-3 hours to put her to bed. She's asleep, we put her in her crib. She cries 10 - 20 minutes later. We put the pacifier back in, walk out. She cries immediately. We walk back in do it again, she cries immediately again. We walk back in and pick her up this time, bounce/rock her for a good 10 minutes and repeat the previous for the whole 2-3 hours. Now, one little disclaimer, I think that she has been battling bad gas which I'm sure is the cause but even with gas drops, she just has been having a really terrible time. (She was doing fine before we left last weekend.) Anybody have any suggestions??? (Remember, she is only 5 months...) Thanks in advance!

4 comments:

Gwen said...

When Jonathan was around 6 months we had to let him cry it out. You can do it in incraments giver her 5 mins then go in, then 10 min, then 15 min, and so on. It's hard for all involved but it works.

Jason & Naomi said...

Yeah, we might have to do that. I just think 5 months is so young still, but 6 months isn't that far away either... I might be able to do that. Any other suggestions?

MikeandLynette said...

If she is still gasy, try to cut dairy out of your diet (I am assuming you are breastfeeding)? Mia is 3 1/2 months and we let her cry it out at night. Usually takes her 10 minutes but then she sleeps for 6 hours...

Stacey said...

I know this sounds a little harsh, but I'm a firm believer in letting them figure it out on their own. My kids were in their own bed the first night home from the hospital. They got one feeding later at night and one early in the morning. We didn't go in an rescue them when they cried, and they figured it out really really quick. Kids are really smart and they do whatever they know they can get away with. I know there are exceptions to this like gas and illness etc. I'm not a nazi about it, but it worked.
For all those who will read this and Gasp in horror at our methods I will say this. I have 6 kids and they all survived.

Naomi, you look great! I hope you had a great holiday :)