Friday, December 17, 2010

My Parents...

Not too many of you know that my dad has been out of a job for about 9 months now with some leads here and there but nothing panning out, continuing to get their hopes up. Just yesterday there was a really great opportunity for a job that my dad would be absolutely amazing at. But just like the others, this one didn't pan out. The thing I'm constantly amazed with is their ability, though hard to take rejection after rejection, to get back up and brush themselves off again praying for new opportunities for their future. There have been many things my parents have taught me, from how to most efficiently load a dishwasher to how to stay positive when you don't really feel like it. But the most important lesson that they've taught is one by example, how nothing, absolutely nothing would ever shake their testimonies of the truthfulness of the gospel. A lot of people might turn cynical or frustrated with the lack of financial opportunity. However, my parents have been more blessed in ways that are only understood by those who have had to go without. Seeing the fruits of their selflessness: being a good neighbor, paying a full tithe (even when it's equivalent to the Widow's Mite), finding the positive things in life, counting blessings has been an amazing thing for me to witness. It's amazing how, though I have started my own family, I still lean on my parents for their strength, especially when they "should" be down and despaired. My parents are amazing people. They never complain about their circumstance. When they talk about it, it's more like a matter of fact than anything else. They live so close to the Spirit that I have no doubt whatsoever that they will be just fine and Heavenly Father will continue to take care of them has He always does to all of us. Especially during this season, go and hug your children with more ferver than you ever have before, testify to your friends and spouse of the truthfulness of the gospel and why, call your parents and tell them how much they have changed your life. It's better that we come together now than wait until later! I love my Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ for what they have done for me. They know me individually and answer my prayers. They give me the Holy Ghost to comfort me when I need Him there. And most of all, They have given me eternal life so that I might live with Them again and with my family forever.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

AMEN!!!! You do have amazing parents and I was lucky to have you as a friend and therefore your parents as adopted parents!

Stephanie said...

I'll match Gwens amen and raise it by 50. Great post, thanks Naomi.