Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie SocietyThe Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I absolutely LOVED this book! I have never been so sad to be finished with a book in my life. Though it has the longest title ever it was so well written and amazingly endearing. It's a book written through all letters to different people. I thought that it would be a difficult read or sort weird but it was enchanting, seriously! It made me want to go to Guernsey, England right now to seek out those who I have become friends with through reading this book. Thank you to Mary Ann Shaffer and her niece, Annie Barrows, for studying and researching so meticulously as to get the stories correct. The best part is that it's a true story! It does take place in post WWII England but despite that it has a rather cheery tone to the book, which I loved. Read it, it's totally worth it! I almost cried 3 times, two during the story (read it and you'll know why), and one when I was finished...



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Naazju said...

Yup! It sure is a great book!

Stephanie said...

I've been wanting to read that for a long time. It's actually been sitting on my book shelf untouched for over a year now! I really need to get back into the reading habit.