Monday, December 21, 2009

160 bpm

Today Jason and I went to our first baby doctor's appointment. I didn't really know what to expect. I love my doctor and I'll be sad when we move to Logan and won't be able to see her anymore. But she wanted us to ask questions, anything. We couldn't really think of many, but then she said, "well, you want to listen to your baby's heart beat?" So she placed the doplar "machine" (thing) on my belly and we could only hear my heart beat for the first 3 minutes or so. She kept reassuring us that it sometimes takes a little while before its found, and even if it's not found, it doesn't mean that it's not there or alive or whatever. Well, Jason and I were VERY relieved when she found it and stopped on it for a little minute for us to take it in. I could've listened to that all day! I didn't cry, but how beautiful it is to be able to be a part of something so special! I am so blessed to be an entrusted vessel from our Heavenly Father. He entrusts us with His little ones...We are so blessed!

3 comments:

Hoping to Adopt said...

That is so awesome! What a great experience to have that technology and be able to hear the life growing inside you.

Merry said...

Wow! That had to be amazing!

Stephanie said...

Maybe Conrad only walks for babies in hiding?:) IT's super exciting hearing the heart beat. . . the next most exciting thing to look forward to now is the ultrasound!!!! YAY!!! . . . it needs to be a girl:). . . ok, I'd be okay with either one. :)